Sat, 24 Feb|
Online Zoom Event
Masterclass with Dr Ela Manga
The Listening Lung - The Power of Breath for Conscious Communication
Time & Location
24 Feb 2024, 15:00 – 17:00 SAST
Online Zoom Event
About the Event
The high levels of stress and anxiety that we are experiencing in our world is feeding into the way we are dealing with conflict and communicating with each other. Whether it is with a partner, your child, in a work situation or negotiation, conscious breathing is an essential skill and practical way to communicate effectively and consciously in any situation, transforming a potentially destructive situation into one that has the best possible outcome.
In this Masterclass, we will explore the neuroscience of conscious communication and a range of breathing techniques that can be simply applied in various scenarios in every aspect of your life. You will learn:
• Breathing techniques to prepare for a difficult conversation
• How to breathe when you are triggered - using breath to recognise the sensations of the trigger and to self regulate
• Breathing to deepen the skill of embodied listening
• Using breath to allow intense emotion to flow rather than “taking it on”
• How to emotionally self regulate in a charged situation
• How to use breath to modulate your voice and adjust body language.
• Applying techniques to “ neutralise the charge” in the room without saying a word
Who is this for:
Anyone who deals with humans.
Our monthly Breathwork Masterclass sessions are facilitated by Dr Ela Manga and usually happen on the last Saturday of the month from 3.00pm - 5.00pm, Central African Time (GMT+2).
Book online and receive the Zoom link via email. Please use the link sent via email to join the Masterclass session on the day. A reminder will be sent the day before the Masterclass.
Some housekeeping tips - It is your choice to keep your camera on or off. We request that you mute your microphone unless the space is open for sharing, input, and feedback. Please set up a comfortable space – either on the floor on a yoga mat, on a couch, or even in bed! Have water and an extra blanket near you. Take the hour out for yourself with limited distractions.
2 CPD Points available from The Health Professions Council of South Africa.
Masterclass bookings ZAR 550 (USD 40)
- Ticket type
The Masterclass will be recorded and emailed a few days later.PriceR 550,00